Monday, September 26, 2011

B&BW Seaweed

The Tea Party speech really came together around 5:00 on Sunday afternoon. I was having some serious issues trying to get anything to flow together that wasn't just a jumble of ideas, and then I suddenly got into a rhythm and was able to just power through it. I suddenly had 500 words and a good theme. It took some major reworking after I wrote it, but I think it came out ok for a first attempt. I'm no sure how my professor will like it, having been a professional speechwriter and all, but I think I got a lot of the techniques in that he's been talking about in class. I also think it was a good idea for me to challenge myself and write from a completely opposite viewpoint, because it helped me focus on the elements and not just the ideas. It made me think about how to make ideas I disagree with sound good to me, and I think I did a good job. I don't think it's an A, but a solid B, and that's ok with me, because, like I said, it's my first try. But now I understand how Sam feels when he's having trouble writing.


So, Health magazine, which I am subscribed to as a gift from my grandmother, decided to tell me this month that I should paint my nails dark blue and olive green (not at the same time). They also gave me tips on how to go about doing that: keep nails short and shiny. Thanks, because after years of wearing nail polish, I hadn't figured that one out for myself. That being said, I think I will be painting my nails olive green in the near future (probably this week).

Last year, I got the China Glaze Halloween collection and really loved it. (I'm linking to Scrangie because I don't have my own pictures and her's are awesome.) I wore the purple one and it was great. I wore the orange one and it was great, though it came off in big chunks that looked like stick-on nails (and now is a super-thick goop, which will require some tinkering with Seche Vite Restore), but I never got around to wearing the green one. It's pretty much identical to what Health is telling me I should wear for fall (sparkly olive green) so I'm going to give it a go. I'm definitely in a Halloween mood and I haven't been able to decorate and be Halloween-y yet because it isn't even the first of October.

Currently, however, I am rocking Bath and Body Works Beauty by Nature in Seaweed.

Seaweed indoors with flash.

Seaweed indoors without flash.

I promise I'll eventually learn how to take good pictures of my nails.

Seaweed is a really beautiful dark teal with a bit of a shimmer to it. I would recommend that everyone go out and buy it, except that I bought it in seventh grade, which was... 1999. So, I don't think that they'll have this anymore, but I'm sure that there are other colors out there that would be dupes. I remembering wearing this while I was substitute teaching English a few years ago and the sophomore girls in the class told me I had awesome nail polish on. I'm sure that green nails were enough to make them think I was a "cool sub."

The polish has completely stood up to the tests of time. It's no thicker or thinner than it was when I bought it 12 years ago and it goes on opaque in one coat (what you see here). I still usually use two or three coats because it tends to thin out when topcoat is applied. It dries semi-glossy, thus the use of topcoat. I also use topcoat because it doesn't have very long wear, even when using multiple coats. One of the nice things about this polish, however, is that the color doesn't change based on number of coats, so if you have to do a touch-up a few days later, you can just brush a little polish over top of the trouble spot and you'll never be able to see the difference.

Also, today is my BFF's birthday, so... Happy Birthday, Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment