Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Still a work in progress

I've been seriously slacking off on the blogging. More than a week between posts? I do have legitimately reasons for not being able to post, more so than just the usual "I'm busy," but I'd rather just say that I'll keep working on being better at consistency.

I don't have my camera with me right now, so I can't post my newest polish review and I really need to hit the shower and go to bed, but I'm hoping to have a bunch of new stuff to post about in the near future.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I'd like to try to bring in Halloween-themed goodies to work on each Friday of October plus on  Halloween itself (on a Monday). I won't be able to give out candy to the kids (my favorite part -- I dress up like a witch), because I'll be in class, but that's all right, I guess. It's for the greater good. (I got a "check plus" on my speech, btw. Not a real grade apparently.) I'm also working on decorating the office for Halloween/fall, so maybe pictures of that. Plus Halloween manicures and even more fitness/diet stuff. I'm down 10.2 pounds since I started Weight Watchers, plus the 10 pounds I lost before I joined! Twenty pounds!!

As a final note: Today I was in the student union dropping something off on the basement floor (where the ex's department is) and walked to the elevator to take it up to my Weight Watchers meeting. The ex was in front of me and had just pushed the up button and so I stood quietly waiting for the elevator to come. I figured that half of humanity's time in elevators is spent trying to ignore the other people in there in order to not have to make awkward conversation, so it should be easy for us to continue to ignore each other's presence in an elevator. When it dinged, he turned to get in, saw me moving toward it and walked past me and away from the elevators like he hadn't been standing there waiting for it. Really, I don't have any problem with this because I wasn't looking forward to spending quality time in an elevator with him, but it just seems so ridiculous. I understand why he doesn't talk to me. I even understand why he won't even be civil to me. But to not ride in an elevator with me just seems... silly. It's not like I was going to use the opportunity to have a long conversation about my "feelings." Oh well. I went to my meeting, lost weight, chatted it over with Joyce because she could tell I was a little flustered and felt better about it in the end. And no crying, so again a victory.

All right, I hope to have more stuff soon for October, but after a day of work, kickboxing, and class, I need to shower before bed (esp. bc I didn't show last night after work, Zumba, and class. Gross.)

No comments:

Post a Comment